- 1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 egg yolk, well beaten
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites, beaten till stiff
- 1 container fresh Blueberries
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix together egg yolks, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Build a well in the dry ingredients to pour the wet ingredients into. Whisk together wet and dry ingredients gently, a few lumps are ok.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the egg mixture gently.
- Add ½ cup of batter to a waffle iron, drop 8-10 blueberries into the batter, and close the waffle iron.
- Remove the waffle after about 5 minutes, when golden brown.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and orange maple syrup.
Orange Maple Syrup (Optional)
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- Juice from ½ an Orange
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Mix all ingredients in a Saucepan. Heat on low heat for 10 minutes.